CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT
- Subject to payment of the Annual Rental, the Bailee accepts temporary custody of the Vehicle for
the Storage Period.
- The Bailor of the Vehicle parts temporarily with the Vehicle for the Storage Period and agrees to
pay the Annual Rental.
- The Vehicle must be insured and kept insured during the Storage Period. Current insurance cover
to be verified at inception and each subsequent renewal of storage.
- The Caravan must be secured as per the conditions of the insurance policy in respect of the stored
- All personal effects and valuables must be removed from the Vehicle, and the windows and door to
remain locked during the period on site. Any items left in the Vehicle are left at the Bailor’s risk. The
Bailor is reminded that many insurance policies may not cover possessions in the vehicle.
- By entering into this agreement, the Bailor warrants that he/she has both ownership and legal title in
- In order to comply with The Regulatory Reform (Fire . Safety) Order 2005 all gas bottles to
be switched off I removed when the Vehicle is on site. No other noxious, hazardous or explosive
substances or preparations are allowed on site.
- Access to the site is per the Access Hours, access at any other time by prior arrangement with the
Prior notice must be given prior to collection of the Vehicle.
- Please be aware that all entry and exit movements may be logged and that the storage facility may be
covered by CCTV, some of which is recorded and stored.
- The Vehicle is to be parked correctly within the allocated plot, or left secure in the collection/delivery area.
- The Vehicle and the allocated plot area must be kept tidy and no litter left behind.
- Storage spaces are not transferrable to third parties.
- The agreement does not permit the stationing of an alternative or replacement vehicle.
- Vehicles should be kept clean, mechanically sound, and in good condition.
- No trading is permitted from the site, and the Vehicle must not be offered or advertised for sale
while on site.
- The Vehicle must not be inhabited during the Storage Period.
- No major repairs to the Vehicle to be carried out on site (minor repairs may be carried out with the
permission of the Bailee).
- The Annual Rental is payable in accordance with the Payment Terms, the Bailee has the right to alter
the Annual Rental by giving notice to the Bailor in accordance with clause 19.
- The Bailee reserves the right to increase the Annual Rental and shall give the Bailor not less than
one month notice of an increase following which the new value shall be the Annual Rental.
- Where the Bailor terminates the contract prior to the end of the agreed Storage Period, the Bailee
will be entitled to charge for reasonable administration costs resulting from the termination, and for
the loss of Annual Rental until the plot is re-let, For the avoidance of doubt should the Bailee not be
able to re-Iet the plot during the remaining Storage Period no refund shall be due to the Bailor.
- In the event of the Annual Rental being overdue the Bailee may retain possession (lien) of the
Vehicle until the arrears are settled in full or otherwise discharged. The Bailee undertakes to notify
possession by recorded delivery.
- In the event of a negative response to possession, legal action may be taken to sell the Vehicle via
The Torts Interference with Goods Act 1977. The outstanding arrears will be deducted from
the proceeds of the sale, as will any reasonable costs incurred. The remaining balance will be
retained to await collection. The Bailee will seek to obtain the best price available based on current
market values, and notify the Bailor of the date and place of sale.
- The Bailee excludes all liability caused by Vermin Infestation, a recognised vermin control regime
is in place and is monitored regularly.
- In the performance of this agreement the Bailee will at all times act with due diligence in providing a
fit and proper place for the storage of the Vehicle.
- Staff are not held liable for any damage to the Vehicle or its contents as a result of towing or the
movement of the Vehicle unless due to the proven negligence of staff.
- Should the Bailor damage a third party’s Vehicle or property then he/she is required to report the matter
immediately to the Bailee.
- Periodic checks may be made on the identity of all Vehicles stored on the site.
- The Bailee reserves the right to refuse any Vehicle not deemed acceptable.
- The Bailee reserves the right to ask the Bailor to remove their Vehicle from the site if they do not
abide by these terms and conditions.
- No unauthorised access is allowed to any person other than the Bailor of the Vehicle stored in the
Bailor identification will be required.
- The Bailee excludes all liability for loss or damage where the means employed are in excess of the
duty of due diligence.
- Where it appears that a Vehicle has been brought onto the storage site for the purpose of
abandoning it, the Bailee may arrange disposal of the Vehicle via the provisions of Refuse Disposal
(Amenity) Act 1978 as amended and any costs incurred will be recovered from the person who
brought the Vehicle onto the storage site.
- Should the Vehicle be damaged whilst on site the Bailor is requested immediately inform the Bailee,
the police and the Vehicle owner’s insurers. In cases where the Bailor considers that they have a
claim against the Bailee then he/she is required to provide written details to the Bailee within 72
hours of the Bailor becoming aware of the claim.
- Any changes to the details provided by the Bailor in this agreement to be notified to the Bailee
without undue delay.